Wednesday 8 December 2021

Runner-Up in XR Wordsmiths' International Short Story Competition

 

I am so thrilled to be runner-up in XR Wordsmiths' Solarpunk Storytelling Showcase! I'm really looking forward to seeing my story Green Witch on the new solar-powered website and reading all the winners' works. (And now you all know my first name, heh. But it's such a beautiful certificate, how could I not post it?!)

The comments from the judges were absolutely incredible too, I'm stunned (and may have teared up a little bit).


From Lovis Geier, ecofictology vlogger: 'This was so beautiful! Reading it was like ASMR, your choice of words were melodic and painted such a beautiful picture, I could almost hear it rustling through leaves! I absolutely loved the image of words becoming extinct instead of species and I love that the change came about because people hear nature's many voices, in whatever form it reached them. This future speaks to me, thank you for it!'

From Nicola: 'I loved this one. It’s probably my absolute favourite. There are some memorable, poetic lines and a sort of wisdom throughout. It includes very powerful description of the practical changes which might save us, as well as how human understanding needs to develop. I find it hugely optimistic, lovely control of imagery and sentence structure, powerful sense of reconnection with the earth. This is a very moving word picture from a passionate writer. I’d love to read more of their pieces.'


You can read more about the competition here.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Katrina-Amy! Wow, girl, you are a literary force these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes there seem to be a lot of things happening all of a sudden 😂

      Delete